Around thousands of years ago, Date palm were only found in present day Iraq. Known for its healing power, it spread though different part of the world like southwest asia, spain, Africa and later to mexico and California. It is a key ingredient for middle eastern countries. More than 100 types of dates are now available from several countries. Dates are packed with lots of health benefits, various vitamins and minerals, energy, sugar, and fiber. Calcium, iron, phosphorous, potassium, magnesium and zinc are all provided in this delicious fruit which is why benefits of eating dates are most recommended in the world of health and nutrition.
Why you should eat dates regularly- a miracle fruit
- Lowers Cholesterol– Dates have absolutely NO cholesterol and contain very little fat. It is also helpful in weight loss.
- Rich in proteins– Dates are rich in proteins which help in strong muscles. Dates are very useful for people looking to maintain healthy muscle weight.
- Rich in vitamins– date have vitamins such as B1, B2, B3, B5, A1 and C1. A daily intake of date fruit fill you up with these vitamins and also provide with abundant energy. A date provides quick energy because it is packed with natural sugar such as glucose, sucrose and fructose.
- Good for bones– Dates improves bone health. Because of manganese, copper and magnesium it helps in maintaining bone health and preventing severe conditions like osteoporosis.
- Improves the nervous system– Dates contain potassium and sodium which keeps a check on our nervous system. It reduces the risk of strokes and check on cholesterol levels.
- Rich in Iron– Dates are highly recommended for people with iron deficiency. Severe anemia, fatigue, tiredness, chest pain all can be treated with this miracle fruit.
- Helps in digestion– Date have high fiber content which is why it can improve your digestion. Soaking a few dates overnight and chewing them in the morning can help relieve digestion troubles.
- Best for skin– Dates have vitamins C & D which keep the skin problems at bay. It works on skin’s elasticity and keeping the skin smooth. It also provided anti-ageing benefits and prevent excessive accumulation of melanin in the skin.
- Fights hangovers– Soaked date help fighting bad hangovers.
- Aid in weight gain– Because of high sugar and protein content dates can help in weight gain.