How To Take Care Of Your Skin This Rainy Season
The basic rule is to exfoliate, cleanse, tone and moisturise, but we help you chart out the monsoon version of this essential routine. Skin Care for monsoon will be easy with these simple rules to follow.
10 Essential Tips For Skin Care In Rainy Season
Some new and interesting skin care products available-
- Cleanse your skin at least 3 times a day to remove excess grime and oil that can clog your pores.
- You must tone your skin and to do so opt for the non-alcoholic variety; these help even out your skin’s pH balance and also bring a glow to your skin.
- The humidity that the rains bring can dry your skin awfully. Use a nourishing moisturizer to make your skin moist, supple and healthy.
- If oily skin is your problem then moisturizers that are water based are a great option to help keep oil secretion in check.
- Use a reliable sunscreen with a good SPF. It may be cloudy but that doesn’t stop the sun’s UV rays from wreaking havoc.
- It is essential that you exfoliate your skin daily to rid it of dead cells but do so gently.
- Stay hydrated by drinking at least 8 glasses throughout the day. Humidity can make you sweat a lot and skin that doesn’t have enough moisture can look pale and dull.
- While shampooing and conditioning your hair twice a week will suffice during any other season you might want to do so more frequently during the monsoons. This is because the humidity that is pervasive during the wet spell makes you sweat; and sweat makes it easy for grime and germs to latch on to your skin.
- Monsoon is not the time to experiment with artificial jewellery especially if you have sensitive skin. The humidity in the air will increase the risk of a breakout.
- Make your own homemade face peels and packs using ingredients from your kitchen. They are natural and will do a world of good for your skin.
Homemade Skin care for Monsoon
- In a bowl, mix together 3 tsp. oatmeal, 1 tbsp. rose water and 1 tsp. each of honey and curd. Mix it well and make it into a smooth paste. Apply it on the skin and wash it off after half an hour. The oatmeal will absorb all the excess oil from the skin while the rose water will soothe the aggravated spots and will refresh the skin. Curd is full of good bacteria that helps your skin glow by nourishing it from within and lastly, honey will help to keep it moisturised.
- Mix one teaspoon of gram powder (besan) with a pinch of turmeric. Squeeze in 2-3 drops of lemon juice and add 1-2 tsp. of rose water to make a paste. Apply the pack on your face and neck and rinse it off after 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, place a 1inch piece each of banana, apple, peach, 1 strawberry (or add any fruits of your choice) and 1 tsp honey. You can mash them with a fork or mix them in a blender. Make sure the paste is of a smooth consistency and do not have lumps. Apply it on the skin for 15 minutes and rinse it off with normal water. It makes the skin firm and removes fine lines, scars, and blemishes. The fruits also contain elements that are anti-inflammatory. Therefore, it relaxes and soothes acne-prone skin.
- Just take 1 tbsp sandalwood powder and 1/2 tsp turmeric powder in a bowl. Make a thick paste with rose water and apply on face and neck. Wash off after 10 minutes. This pack will help you to remove excess oil from the skin, giving you a refreshed and glowing skin.